Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday's Thinking by Drew

Today was a learning day at school. We learned about Veteran's Day. Veteran's Day is when we celebrate all of the people who fought in wars and kept our country safe. We made cards for Veterans telling them thank you for serving our country. We watched Carrie Underwood sing the Star Spangled Banner. Its our national anthem and its a song that shows our patriotism! We thought about what it would be like if we were the president. If I was president, I would want our country to be fair and safe.

Have a happy Veteran's Day!
Drew

4 comments:

  1. Amazing job Drew!!!!!!!!! Can you put a quiz question?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure can! 1) Can you name the three branches of government? 2) Why do we celebrate Veteran's Day? 3) What is the name of our President? 4) What is the capital of the United States?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drew, I love all of your posts. You are such a natural blogger. Who knew? I guess since this is your last day, maybe you'll have to start your own blog if it was lots of fun!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 legislative I forgot the other ones. 2 Because its to honor our military. 3 Barack Obama. 4 Spring Field. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete